Subcouncil resolution details
Agenda item no
20SUB 43/6/2020 SM
EXTENSION OF LIQUOR TRADING HOURS APPLICATION: IN RESPECT OF: WCP037273: THE CHILLI BAR, ERF 77628, 5 VICTORIA ROAD, SOUTHFIELD (ON CONSUMPTION - SUNDAYS TO SUNDAYS)
Thursday, June 18, 2020
Monday, June 29, 2020
Reasons for Refusal:
- Subcouncil 20 refuses the application for a liquor licence received from The Chilli Bar, Erf 77628, 5 Victoria Road, Southfield, Liquor Licence WCP037273 for the Extension of Liquor Trading Days and Hours, for Consumption On Premises.
FURTHER RESOLVED TO RECOMMEND
- Objections were received from the CPF, Plumstead Neighbourhood Watch, residents opposing the application.
- SAPS indicated that they application was not being supported based on the complaints received from the community.
- Chilli Bar was located in a residential area.
- The fact that Southfield Neighbourhood Watch claims that Chilli Bar is not in the jurisdiction of Plumstead Neighbourhood Watch seems deceptive.
Action: Cindy Chesne Williams; Gavin Heugh; Marilyn Holding; Liquor Control;
- Subcouncil 20 supports that the issue regarding “the extension of liquor trading days and hours” be taken to Caucus, as pubs etc to close at 24:00 (midnight) as the City needed to be more conservative in respect of liquor consumption.