View MPT resolution details
MPT North Eastern
Agenda item no
WARD 1 : APPLICATION FOR CONSENT USE IN TERMS OF THE MUNICIPAL
PLANNING BY-LAW, 2015 : ERF 16237, PAROW, 3 GOUDINI CRESCENT,
CASE ID: 70558856
Z MFEYA / T KOTZE
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Thursday, May 12, 2022
The application in respect of Erf 16237, Parow for consent use to permit the operation of an Early Childhood Development Centre (ECDC) in terms of Item 42(i) of the Municipal Planning By-law, 2015 BE APPROVED in terms of Section 98(b) of the Municipal Planning By-law, 2015.
1.1. The Place of Instruction shall only operate between 06h30 to 18h00, Mondays to Fridays, and shall not be open on Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays.
1.2. The maximum number of children accommodated by the facility shall not exceed 34 children on the premises at any given time.
1.3. Development of the property shall be substantially in accordance with the plan ref. APS16237/CON(1)
1.4. A building plan application must be submitted for approval for the proposed change in use/occupancy.
1.5. The owner of the erf must apply for a tariff conversion to the applicable commercial tariff.
1.6. An electrical Shared-network Charge (SNC) for the difference between domestic and commercial usage is payable.
1.7. Note: Timeous formal application for the tariff conversion and SNC must be made and paid for before approval for the consent will be granted by this Department.
1.8. Noise producing equipment (generators, etc.) must be identified and indicated on a plan, with the applicable noise mitigation measures clearly described.
SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT
1.9. Applicant should provide a Secured Enclosed Area (at the Back of the Premises) for the Storing of the Refuse Containers. The Refuse Containers should be kept out of the reach of ALL Children. (The City of Cape Town: Solid Waste Management Department do not enter Private Property, therefore the bins must only be placed on the kerbside (sidewalk) on the Scheduled Day of Refuse Collection.)
1.10. That no outdoor advertising sign be displayed on the premises other than the single unilluminated sign or notice not projecting over a street and not preceding 0.2m2 in area,
REASONS FOR DECISION:
The MPT APPROVED the application for the reasons set out below:
1. The proposed Early Childhood Development Centre (ECDC) complies with Council’s Early Childhood Development Centre Land Use Policy, 2013 in terms of provision of indoor play area/space
2. Considering the existence of two ECDC facilities along Goudini Crescent, the approval of an additional facility will not have a significant impact on the character of the immediate residential area.
3. Approving an additional ECDC facility on Goudini Crescent will not significantly affect the rights of the surrounding residential community.
4. That the Transport Department supports the proposal.
5. The proposal is consistent with planning policy (i.e. Early Childhood Development Land Use Policy, Densification Policy, Economic Growth Strategy and Social Growth Strategy)
6. That sufficient provision has been made for onsite parking and the dropping off and collection of the children.
7. Conditions have been imposed to manage and temper adverse impacts that might occur or be detrimental to the surrounding properties.
ACTION: Z MFEYA / T KOTZE