Skip to content





Apply for rental housing relief<span><h2 class="sectHeading">How to apply for rental housing relief</h2></span><p>You need to be renting a rental unit from the City, and you and your spouse/partner together have to earn R7 500 or less a month to qualify for support with your rent. </p><span><div class="lrg-icon-content bordered"><div class="lrg-icon lrg-check"><p> <b>​​​​​​With your application, you will need to submit all the necessary documentation, such as:</b></p><ul><li>certified copy of your, and your spouse’s, ID(s)</li><li>proof of income OR a sworn affidavit stating that you earn R7 500 or less a month</li><li>any additional forms required from your consultation </li></ul></div></div></span><p>Please consult your nearest housing office to ensure you understand exactly what forms and documentation you will need to complete the application before you apply. </p><span><h2 class="sectHeading">Contact us</h2></span><span><div class="contact"><h4>​City Housing Hotline</h4><address><ul><li>Telephone: <br> <a title="title" href="#">021 444 0333</a> </li><li>You can also visit your local <a href="">housing office</a> for assistance.</li></ul></address></div></span>GP0|#1e396478-cbd9-4449-ac27-ff0c240d628d;L0|#01e396478-cbd9-4449-ac27-ff0c240d628d|Housing opportunities;GTSet|#a7cfb90d-44ad-4426-98ce-565f79932396;GPP|#16d04249-d39f-4105-8228-56225328f892;GPP|#54dbab3a-0b2f-4602-8af5-3d651c59a5f4You can apply for additional financial support if you are struggling to pay your rent.0





You have disabled JavaScript on your browser.
Please enable it in order to use City online applications.