Skip to content





Report child abuse<h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​​How to report </h2>​​ <div class="notification with-heading dark-copy pink bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info note"></i> </div><div class="desc"><h4>Please note</h4><p>When reporting child abuse, the report will be handled by the <a href="" target="_blank">Provincial Department of Health<i class="icon link-external"></i></a> along with security services.</p></div></div><p>When reporting child abuse, the primary concern is the safety of the child. Child abuse must be reported to a social worker, at a child welfare office or at a police station. To report child abuse to Metropolitan Police Services, you can call their hotline on <em> <a>0800 323 1310</a></em>. Please be sure to contact your nearest South African Police Service (SAPS) station as well.</p><p>You can also seek help at the following organisations:</p><h4>RAPCAN (Resources Aimed at the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect)</h4><p> <em>Telephone:</em><br><em><a>021 712 2330</a></em> <br><em>Website:<br><a href="" target="_blank">RAPCAN​</a><i class="icon link-external"></i></em></p><h4>Childline South Africa (24-hour toll-free helpline)​</h4><p> <em>Telephone: </em><br><em> <a>0800 055 555</a></em></p><h4>Childline Western Cape </h4><p> <em>Telephone: </em> <br> <a> <em>021 762 8198</em></a><em> / </em> <a> <em>021 461 1114</em></a><em></em></p><h4>LifeLine Western Cape</h4><p> <em>Telephone:</em><br><em> </em> <a> <em>021 461 1113</em></a></p><p>Finally, you can also go directly to any of the <a href="" target="_blank">healthcare facilities<i class="icon link-external"></i></a> in the province dedicated to the management of children who have been abused.</p>GP0|#1507116b-8727-4c55-94f0-ee33079f96fa;L0|#01507116b-8727-4c55-94f0-ee33079f96fa|Report abuse;GTSet|#a7cfb90d-44ad-4426-98ce-565f79932396;GPP|#d33d4bac-828f-4051-af8d-b976c98827efIf you need to report child abuse, there are a number of communication channels you can access.0





You have disabled JavaScript on your browser.
Please enable it in order to use City online applications.