Skip to content





Submit a service request (C3)<span> <h2 class="sectHeading">What you can request or report</h2> <span> <div class="notification with-heading dark-copy pink bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info note"></i> </div><div class="desc"><h4>PLEASE NOTE<br></h4><p>Our applications are best viewed using the latest versions of the following web browsers, Internet Explorer 11, Chrome 72+, Firefox 65+ or Safari 12+. </p></div></div></span> <p>The City of Cape Town's service request application ensures that you are able to report issues or send requests to the correct line department, such as: </p> <ul><li>animal carcass removal</li><li>blocked stormwater drains;</li><li>electricity outage/ unscheduled outages;</li><li>graffiti and stolen or vandalised City property;</li><li>uncollected refuse or waste;</li><li>tree removal and cutting;</li><li>tree root, trimming, pruning;</li><li>illegal dumping;</li><li>leaking water pipes;</li><li>maintenance of open spaces, parks and public spaces</li><li>mowing of vegetation;</li><li>noise nuisances;</li><li>problem buildings (abandoned and derelict buildings); </li><li>public toilets/ ablution facilities unhygienic;</li><li>speeding and traffic offences;</li><li>traffic calming (speed bumps), new or damaged street signs </li><li>unruly or inappropriate behaviour;</li><li>unscheduled water supply disruptions</li><li> vagrants and illegal squatting<br></li></ul></span><span> <div class="notification with-heading dark-copy pink bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info note">​​​</i> </div><div class="desc"><h4>requests for tree removal</h4><p> <strong>We will not remove a healthy tree on request.</strong> If a tree is causing damage to your property, you must provide a quote for damages to prove this before the request is considered. If the tree is causing health issues, you will have to provide a doctor’s report when you request the removal. </p></div></div></span> <h2 class="sectHeading">How to submit a report online<br></h2><p>Follow all the steps in our guide to learn <a href="" target="_blank">how to submit a service request</a> or go to the <a href="" target="_blank">service requests web application<i class="icon link-external"></i></a> and use the search bar, category icons or drop-down menus to select your issue.<br></p><p>Watch the videos below to learn how to do each step. <br></p><p><iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0"></iframe> <br> </p><ul><li> <a href="" target="_blank">How to report a fault or log a service request</a></li><li> <a href="" target="_blank">How to easily search for and select the appropriate category for your request or complaint</a></li><li> <a href="" target="_blank">How to use the map and location functionality</a></li><li> <a href="" target="_blank">How to subscribe to an existing incident</a><br></li><li> <a href="" target="_blank">How to dispute a closed service request</a><br></li></ul><p>You can use our <a href="" target="_blank">fault reporting guide</a> to find out if your request falls into any of the predefined categories.</p> <span> <div class="notification with-heading dark-copy pink bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info note">​​​</i> </div><div class="desc"><h4>Please note</h4><p> If your service request does not fall under any of the categories provided, you can contact the <a href="">relevant department</a> using the information on the relevant contact pages.<br></p></div></div></span> <p>Once you have made your selection, describe the request as thoroughly and accurately as possible by including as much detail as you can, as well as statements or comments from any third parties also involved. You also have the option to upload an image or a photograph to help us identify the issue faster. <br></p><p>Provide your current contact details. It is important that all of these details are correct, as the City may need to contact you about the status of your request. Once you have submitted your service request, you will be issued with a reference number.</p> <span> <div class="notification with-heading dark-copy pink bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info note">​​​</i> </div><div class="desc"><h4>reference numbers</h4><p> <b></b>Please ensure that you do not lose your reference number, as you will need to give it to the City if you want to follow up on the status of your service request.  </p></div></div></span><span> <h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​​​How to escalate an unresolved service request​​​​​​​</h2> <p>The City makes every effort to attend to any service requests you submit. If, after following up on progress, you feel that your request is urgent and has not been given proper attention then you can escalate it.<br></p> <p>Service requests must in the first instance be logged with the City via one of the following channels:</p> <ul><li>Call Centre on <a>0860 103 089</a> (All service requests)</li><li>SMS to <a>31220</a> (electricity faults)</li><li>SMS to <a>31373</a> (water faults)</li><li>Email to <a href=""></a></li><li>Report online at <a href="" target="_blank"></a><i class="icon link-external"></i> <br></li><li> <a href="">Walk-in Centres</a></li><li> <a href="">Subcouncil offices</a></li></ul> <p>Please ensure that you receive a reference number for your service request. This number needs to be quoted when following up on the progress of your query.<br></p> <span> <div class="notification with-heading dark-copy light-blue bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info fastfact">​​</i></div><div class="desc"><h4>Fast fact​</h4><p> <b>Dispute a closed service request:</b> If your service request has been closed, but the work has either not been done or is incomplete, you can dispute this by clicking the <a href="" target="_blank">dispute service request option</a> on the fault reporting tool. <a href="" target="_blank">Watch the video</a> to see how to dispute a closed service request.<br></p></div></div></span> <p>If your request remains unresolved, please contact the Call Centre to check on progress. A senior Call Centre agent will escalate the matter and provide feedback on when it will be resolved. If your request remains unresolved after following up, you can refer the matter to the Office of the City Ombudsman for investigation. Alternatively, if the matter is urgent and warrants direct intervention, it can be referred to the Executive Mayor.</p> <span> <h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​​​How to escalate a service request to the Executive Mayor​​​​​​​</h2></span> <p> <strong>Step 1: </strong>Draft your submission letter. Ensure you explain the situation and nature of your request in as much detail as possible. Please note that your letter must contain the names of all the officials you have spoken to, as well as an account number if it’s an account-related query. Remember to include any reference number related to your previous service request enquiry.</p> <p> <strong>Step 2: </strong>Submit your letter by emailing <a href=""></a>. You can also hand deliver your request by putting it in the Mayor’s internal post box, which can be found at the Podium Block information desk in the Cape Town Civic Centre.</p></span><span> <h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​​​Contact us</h2> <span> <h4 class="contact">City Call Centre</h4> <div class="contact"><address><ul><li>Telephone: <br> <a>0860 103 089</a></li><li>Email (account queries): <br><a title="title" href=""></a> </li><li>Email (general enquiries): <br> <a title="title" href=""></a></li><li>Online fault reporting and service requests<br><a href="" target="_blank"></a><i class="icon link-external"></i>                   </li><h4 class="contact">Mayor's Office<br></h4> Telephone:<br><a>021 400 1301</a> / <a>021 400 1300</a><br><br>Email: <br> <a href=""></a></ul></address></div></span></span>GP0|#eb4b0948-bce6-48b2-9201-1c5848d307f5;L0|#0eb4b0948-bce6-48b2-9201-1c5848d307f5|Municipal services and maintenance;GTSet|#a7cfb90d-44ad-4426-98ce-565f79932396;GPP|#d33d4bac-828f-4051-af8d-b976c98827efTo report a fault, e.g. burst water pipes, potholes, service delivery queries, etc. submit a service request to the City.0



Basket of Services Pamphlet906532GP0|#367c7831-4239-4ad6-824a-c4325897c033;L0|#0367c7831-4239-4ad6-824a-c4325897c033|Pamphlet;GTSet|#f1e8889f-f7d7-4d5b-a3f5-af0ca2e076ea;GPP|#5340fe0b-73a7-472c-bef7-04e450fb5c4f;GPP|#0972c695-fd19-46c4-ab5d-9601f17b780e2023-06-29T22:00:00Z
C3 Service Request Tool: Fault Reporting Guideline579578GP0|#63522a5c-a6fd-40ae-a313-2b363ab1ec33;L0|#063522a5c-a6fd-40ae-a313-2b363ab1ec33|Guideline;GTSet|#f1e8889f-f7d7-4d5b-a3f5-af0ca2e076ea;GPP|#d8892104-ce90-493e-b813-93c488f4b1d3;GPP|#0972c695-fd19-46c4-ab5d-9601f17b780e2020-11-19T22:00:00Z
Trim Your Trees to Help Avoid Outages Notice199834GP0|#c3444de2-1204-414d-a436-593b4be81c13;L0|#0c3444de2-1204-414d-a436-593b4be81c13|Notice;GTSet|#f1e8889f-f7d7-4d5b-a3f5-af0ca2e076ea;GPP|#3a03f9b9-d2e9-49b1-92e1-37b654747f82;GPP|#0972c695-fd19-46c4-ab5d-9601f17b780e2021-04-20T22:00:00Z



You have disabled JavaScript on your browser.
Please enable it in order to use City online applications.