Skip to content





Object to a land use application <h2 class="sectHeading">How to comment</h2> <ul><li>View the list of <a href="" target="_blank">land use applications</a> currently advertised for public comment.</li><li>Complete the <a href="" target="_blank">Land Use Objection Form</a> to object, comment or make representation in terms of the <a href="">City of Cape Town Municipal Planning By-law, 2015</a> and submit to the relevant district objections email address as advertised. </li></ul><h2 class="sectHeading">Accompanying information</h2><p> For your objection/comment to be considered, it must include the following: </p><ul><li>The application number</li><li>The details of the person submitting the objection/comment, including the full name, interest in the application, address, contact details and the method in which they can be contacted</li><li>The reason for the objection, including the effect the application has on the person/area and any aspect of the application that you consider inconsistent with policy and how</li></ul><h2 class="sectHeading">Oral submissions</h2><p> Section 120 (11) of the MPBL provides that you can request the Municipal Planning Tribunal (MPT) to make an oral submission. </p><p> When requesting oral submissions, please comply with the following requirements: </p><ul><li>Send a written request to <em> </em><a href="" target="_blank"><em></em></a></li><li>Supply adequate reasons for the request</li><li>The request must be received by the tribunal at least 5 days before the meeting at which the application will be considered, or closer to the date if good cause is shown.</li><li>To determine if you would like to make the request, please check the <a href="" target="_blank">MPT calendar</a>.</li></ul><h2 class="sectHeading">General conditions</h2><ul><li>An objection, comment or representation that does not meet the requirements above may be disregarded. </li><li>Late comments or objections will not be considered unless the City Manager has agreed in writing.</li><li>If you are unable to write you may come to the specified <a href="" target="_blank">district office</a> during office hours where you will be assisted in transcribing any comment or objection and the reasons.</li></ul><h2 class="sectHeading">Attend a meeting</h2><p>The Municipal Planning Tribunal (MPT) is a decision-making body established by Council to make decisions in respect of categorized land use matters.</p><p>We have been unable to have normal meetings due to Covid-19 lockdown regulations. However, the <a href="" target="_blank">amended regulations<i class="icon link-external"></i></a> issued by National Government state that:<br><br><em>‘All meetings of council, tribunals and entities, must be done using media platforms, such as teleconferencing and videoconferencing.’</em></p><p>We have taken this on board and will now be hosting our meetings online during the lockdown period. This means that the MPT can continue its functions and deal with the growing number of land use applications that require a decision.</p> <span> <div class="notification with-heading dark-copy pink bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info note">​​​</i> </div><div class="desc"><h4>Please note</h4><p> All virtual meetings will comply with the normal rules, processes and procedures relating to the order of tribunal meetings, as well as the Covid-19 regulations.</p></div></div></span> <h4>Upcoming meetings</h4><p>Check the <a href="" target="_blank">Council Meeting Calendar </a>for details of upcoming online meetings. </p>GP0|#77667119-f6b6-4447-a233-6b55165c654e;L0|#077667119-f6b6-4447-a233-6b55165c654e|Object to an application;GTSet|#a7cfb90d-44ad-4426-98ce-565f79932396;GPP|#1b55b434-a2ae-4e69-8f9e-f13081f551c3If you would like to respond to a land use application you can submit your objection, comment or representation.0



LUM18 - Land Use Application Objection Form558803GP0|#f0b069a9-84bd-4629-943b-3e3dfa0685a7;L0|#0f0b069a9-84bd-4629-943b-3e3dfa0685a7|Application form;GTSet|#f1e8889f-f7d7-4d5b-a3f5-af0ca2e076ea;GPP|#3a03f9b9-d2e9-49b1-92e1-37b654747f82;GPP|#0972c695-fd19-46c4-ab5d-9601f17b780e2020-02-02T22:00:00Z



You have disabled JavaScript on your browser.
Please enable it in order to use City online applications.