Skip to content





Objecting your property valuation<span> <h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Objection period​​</h2> <span> <div class="notification with-heading dark-copy pink bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info note"></i> </div><div class="desc"><h4>SV04/GV2018 Objection Period</h4><p>Objections to the Fourth <a href="">Supplementary Valuation roll</a> (SV04/GV2018) can be submitted from 21 July 2022 until 31 August 2022. <a href="" target="_blank">View the SV04/GV2018 online</a>.<br></p></div></div></span> </span> <h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​How to object​​</h2><p>You may object to any information displayed on the GV Roll, as long as you are able to support your objection. It is up to you, as the objector, to prove that the market-value assessment is wrong.</p><p>Objections must be lodged on the prescribed objection form.</p><h2 class="sectHeading">SV04/GV2018 Valuation Roll ​​<br></h2><h4>How to download the objection form<br></h4><ul><li> <a href="" target="_blank">Search for your property using one of the search fields</a></li><li>Click on your property reference</li><li>Click on Dispute Forms and select your language preference then click 'ok'</li><li>Click print or download</li><li>If the display message reads <em>'This property is not eligible to submit a dispute at this time' </em>this means that your property was not valued in the SV roll, therefore, you are unable to object to your property valuation.</li></ul> <span> <div class="notification with-heading dark-copy pink bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info note">​​​</i> </div><div class="desc"><h4>Please note</h4><p> Objections may only be lodged during the prescribed objection period, and may only be lodged for properties that were valued in the roll for which the objection period is open. You will therefore not be able to download an objection form if your property is not eligible to lodge an objection.<br></p></div></div></span> <h4>​​​Objecting against your property value </h4> <span> <div class="notification with-heading dark-copy pink bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info note">​​​</i> </div><div class="desc"><h4>Please note</h4><p> Comparing neighbouring valuations does not imply that the valuation is wrong, and cannot be used as a motivation for an objection.</p></div></div></span> <p>You may submit your objections via the following channels:</p><p> <strong>Online:</strong><br>Register for e-Services </p><p> <strong>Email:</strong><br>Email your objection to: <a href=""> <em></em></a>    </p><p> <strong>Post:</strong><br>Post your objection to: <br> <br> <em>City of Cape Town </em> <br> <em>For Attention: The Objection Coordinator </em> <br> <em>PO Box 4522 </em> <br> <em>Cape Town </em> <br> <em>8000</em> </p><p> Alternatively, you can submit your objections at the following venues during the SV04 objection period, 21 July 2022 until 31 August 2022:<br></p> <span> <div class="mobile-scroll">​​ <table style="width:655px;"><thead><tr><th>Venue<br></th><th>Address<br></th><th style="width:171px;">Operating hours<br></th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td>Concourse  level, Cape Town Civic Centre<br></td><td>Hertzog Boulevard, Cape Town<br></td><td style="width:171px;">Weekdays: <br>09:00 - 15:00<br></td></tr><tr><td>Bellville Civic Centre<br></td><td>Voortrekker Road, Bellville<br></td><td style="width:171px;">Weekdays: <br>09:00 - 15:00<br></td></tr><tr><td>Milnerton Civic Centre<br></td><td>Pienaar Road, Milnerton (next to Milnerton library)<br></td><td style="width:171px;">Weekdays:<br>09:00 - 15:00<br></td></tr><tr><td rowspan="1">​Plumstead Administration<br></td><td rowspan="1">​Cnr Victoria Road and Main Road, Plumstead<br></td><td rowspan="1" style="width:171px;">​Weekdays: <br>09:00 - 15:00<br></td></tr><tr><td rowspan="1">​Strand Municipal Building<br></td><td rowspan="1">​Cnr Main Road and Fagan Street, Strand (next to Strand Hall)<br></td><td rowspan="1" style="width:171px;">​Weekdays: <br>09:00 - 15:00<br></td></tr></tbody></table><br></div>​​​</span> <h4>Objecting against other information<br></h4><p>If your objection is that the property owner’s name or address is incorrect or the property has been omitted, this will be referred for investigation. Properties that do not appear on the roll will be valued on the Supplementary Valuation Roll (SVR), which is published every July.<br></p> <span> <div class="notification with-heading dark-copy pink bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info note">​​​</i> </div><div class="desc"><h4>rates payable</h4><p> Dissatisfaction with the amount of rates payable does not constitute an objection. </p></div></div></span> <h4>Change your property rating category</h4><p>If you can prove that your property has been categorised incorrectly, you can <a href=""> apply to have it changed</a>.</p><p>We will issue an official acknowledgement notice for every objection received during the official objection period. This is a valuable document and must be kept as it may be required as proof of the objection in the future. You will also need this document when communicating with the Valuations Office.</p><p>To appeal a property valuation objection decision, you must first have objected to your property’s valuation during the objection period.</p> <span> <div class="notification with-heading dark-copy pink bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info remember">​​​</i> </div><div class="desc"><h4>Remember</h4><p> Not all properties are eligible for the appeal process. Email <a href=""></a> to confirm if your property valuation can be appealed. If eligible, you will be sent the necessary appeal form.<br></p></div></div></span> <p>You have 30 days to appeal the objection decision from the date you receive notice from the City. You may also request the reasoning for the objection decision.</p><p>Once you have submitted your appeal form, you will receive a date via post or email, indicating when you can appear in front of the Valuation Appeal Board (VAB), an independent board which functions separately to the City. You will be required to state why you don’t agree with the valuation of your property. You may bring a lawyer or valuer to help state your case. </p><p>Appeals need to be properly motivated – the City may seek a cost order against appellants who submit frivolous or unsubstantiated appeals.</p><h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Contact us ​​</h2><h4> <a href="">Valuations Department</a></h4><p> <em>Telephone:<br><a>086 010 3089</a><br><br> Email:<br><a href=""></a></em></p> <em> </em>GP0|#75a42d55-79b3-41c2-8c01-f92dd1cf5ec2;L0|#075a42d55-79b3-41c2-8c01-f92dd1cf5ec2|Contest a property valuation;GTSet|#a7cfb90d-44ad-4426-98ce-565f79932396;GPP|#1b55b434-a2ae-4e69-8f9e-f13081f551c3You may dispute a property valuation by sending the City an objection form during the objection period.0



General and Supplementary Valuations FAQs285958GP0|#7d9df7be-4d49-4007-95e2-153219f9c783;L0|#07d9df7be-4d49-4007-95e2-153219f9c783|FAQs;GTSet|#f1e8889f-f7d7-4d5b-a3f5-af0ca2e076ea;GPP|#d8892104-ce90-493e-b813-93c488f4b1d3;GPP|#0972c695-fd19-46c4-ab5d-9601f17b780e2022-07-20T22:00:00Z
Valuations Tariffs670055GP0|#fe9c9791-d3b1-479c-9447-8be3f4d5e139;L0|#0fe9c9791-d3b1-479c-9447-8be3f4d5e139|Budget annexure;GTSet|#f1e8889f-f7d7-4d5b-a3f5-af0ca2e076ea;GPP|#6f477a30-54ff-4877-a387-889f32ddb0f9;GPP|#0972c695-fd19-46c4-ab5d-9601f17b780e;GP0|#cd8d1412-d058-4a6b-aecb-9c6bd8dbc168;L0|#0cd8d1412-d058-4a6b-aecb-9c6bd8dbc168|Tariff;GPP|#3a03f9b9-d2e9-49b1-92e1-37b654747f822022-07-01T10:00:00Z



You have disabled JavaScript on your browser.
Please enable it in order to use City online applications.