Skip to content





Request an interest reversal<span> <h2 class="sectHeading">What is an interest reversal?​​​​​​​</h2></span> <p>When your account payments are overdue, the City may add interest to the amount you owe as per our <a href="" target="_blank">Credit Control and Debt Management Policy</a>.</p><p>If you do not pay your account by the due date indicated on your municipal account, you will have at least 30 days to pay it before interest is charged. Once interest is charged, you will need to send a request to have it reversed. </p><p> <strong>You can only request a reversal if the interest was raised due to one of the following reasons:</strong></p><ul><li>Account disputes – you did not make the payment because you were awaiting a resolution (not including valuation objections).</li><li>Account was sent to the incorrect address</li><li>Account was not finalised timeously </li><li>Interest reversal was not done automatically with your valuation objection.</li></ul> <h2 class="sectHeading">How to request</h2><p>The following documents are required:</p><ul><li>your Identity Document (ID)</li><li>a written request specifying when interest was charged, and the amount that was charged, as well as your motivation for the request to have the interest reversed.</li></ul><p>Submit your request and supporting documents to <a href=""></a>.</p><p>Our <a href="">Revenue Department</a> will review your request and decide if you qualify for a reversal or not.</p><h2 class="sectHeading">Contact us</h2><h4>Customer Call Centre</h4><p>Telephone:<br> 0860 103 089</p><h4>Option 1: Accounts and general queries</h4><p>Monday to Friday:<br> 07:00 - 21:00<br><br> Saturdays:<br> 08:00 - 13:00<br><br> Sundays and public holidays:<br> 09:00 - 13:00</p>GP0|#0e7dfdab-4dcf-486a-a8d2-c13ea3b3dc1e;L0|#00e7dfdab-4dcf-486a-a8d2-c13ea3b3dc1e|Contest a municipal bill;GTSet|#a7cfb90d-44ad-4426-98ce-565f79932396;GPP|#1b55b434-a2ae-4e69-8f9e-f13081f551c3If interest was raised on your municipal account, you can send a request to have it reversed or written off.





You have disabled JavaScript on your browser.
Please enable it in order to use City online applications.