Skip to content





Apply for private logging on City of Cape Town meter<h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​​​How to apply for private logging on water meter​​​​​​​</h2><p>To apply for a private logging device on a City of Cape Town meter, please follow the process below:</p><div class="notification with-heading dark-copy pink bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info note">​​​</i> </div><div class="desc"><h4>Please note</h4><p> <b></b>Installing a private logging device is only possible if a compatible water meter is already installed for your property.</p></div></div><p>Step 1: Download and complete the application for private logging devices on City of Cape Town meters form in the document downloads section at the bottom of the page. </p><p>Step 2: Send the completed form, as well as all supporting documents to <a href=""> <em></em></a>. </p><p>For the application, we require documents provided by the property owner, as well as the company installing the water logging device (service provider).</p><div class="lrg-icon-content bordered"><div class="lrg-icon lrg-check"><p> <b>​​​​​​Property owners please provide the following documents:</b></p><ul><li>Copy of identity document​</li><li>Title deed of property or registration document if a Trust</li><li>Constitution of body corporate/home owners association<b>​</b></li><li>Company and VAT registration documents, if property is owned by a company</li><li>Letter of authority from institution or person for authorised individual, if acting on behalf of owner/company</li><li>Copy of authorised individual's identity document ​</li></ul></div></div><p> </p><div class="lrg-icon-content bordered"><div class="lrg-icon lrg-check"><p> <b>​​​​​​Please provide the following documents for your service provider</b></p><ul><li>Company and VAT registration documents​</li><li>Copy of identity document/s of company director/s </li><li>Letter of authority from institution for authorised individual, if acting on behalf of the company</li><li>Copy of authorised individual's identity document ​</li></ul></div></div><p> </p><h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​​​Contact us​​​​​​​</h2><p>For enquiries</p><p> <em>Telephone: </em> <br> <em><a>0860 103 089</a></em></p><p> <em>Email:</em><br><a href=""><em></em></a></p><p>For more information, visit the <a href="">Water and Sanitation Department page</a>.</p><p> </p>GP0|#aae9bde9-1c89-4895-a898-fcd0453f81ec;L0|#0aae9bde9-1c89-4895-a898-fcd0453f81ec|Water and sanitation;GTSet|#a7cfb90d-44ad-4426-98ce-565f79932396;GPP|#6c293e71-0db4-42d2-a348-6d21e8d13030;GPP|#54dbab3a-0b2f-4602-8af5-3d651c59a5f4If you would like to install a private water logging device on the City’s water meter you need to apply to do so. 0



Private Logging Devices on City of Cape Town Meters Application Form101270GP0|#f0b069a9-84bd-4629-943b-3e3dfa0685a7;L0|#0f0b069a9-84bd-4629-943b-3e3dfa0685a7|Application form;GTSet|#f1e8889f-f7d7-4d5b-a3f5-af0ca2e076ea;GPP|#3a03f9b9-d2e9-49b1-92e1-37b654747f82;GPP|#0972c695-fd19-46c4-ab5d-9601f17b780e2017-09-30T22:00:00Z



You have disabled JavaScript on your browser.
Please enable it in order to use City online applications.