Skip to content





Apply for a noise exemption permit<h2 class="sectHeading">​​How to apply </h2>​​ <div class="notification with-heading dark-copy pink bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info note"></i>  </div><div class="desc"><h4>Event applications</h4><p>A fully completed application for a noise exemption permit must be submitted 15 days before a small event (50 – 2000 people). Application timeframes will differ when <a href="">applying for larger events</a>.</p></div></div><p> <strong>Step 1:</strong> Download and complete the Noise Exemption Application Form at the bottom of the page. </p><p><strong>Step 2: </strong>Take the completed form to all surrounding residents likely to be impacted by the noise and ask them to sign the form. </p><p>Depending on the nature of the event, you may also be required to obtain written permission from the local Ratepayers Association as well as written acknowledgement from the local Councillor. </p><div class="lrg-icon-content bordered"><div class="lrg-icon lrg-check"><p> <b>Also include with your application form:</b></p><ul><li>A site plan that includes the surrounding residential areas and their distance from the noise source, the direction and position of the noise source, and the position of possible standby generators;</li></ul></div></div><p> <strong>Step 3: </strong>Submit your form to the City Health Department by faxing it to <em> <a>021 400 4894</a></em> or hand-delivering it to your nearest <a href="" target="_blank">environmental health office</a>.</p><h4>​​​​​​Noise Impact Assessments and Noise Management Plans</h4><p>Your application will be assessed by Environmental Health and, depending on the outcome, you may be required to submit a Noise Impact Assessment and/ or a Noise Management Plan in terms of the provincial <a href="" target="_blank">noise control regulations</a>.</p><p>Should this be the case, you will need to appoint an Acoustic Engineer to submit the required Noise Impact Assessment and/ or Noise Management Plan to Council before the application can be processed. </p><h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​Contact us​​​​​</h2> <span> <div class="contact"><h4>City Health Offices</h4><address><ul><li>Telephone: <br> <a title="title" href="#">021 400 2103</a></li><li>E-mail: <br> <a title="title" href=""></a></li></ul></address></div></span>GP0|#fe449635-7a0f-4bda-acd0-69ce5e06d157;L0|#0fe449635-7a0f-4bda-acd0-69ce5e06d157|Business and trade;GTSet|#a7cfb90d-44ad-4426-98ce-565f79932396;GPP|#4fafd405-ee2c-4ec8-87ee-79828064c3d1;GPP|#54dbab3a-0b2f-4602-8af5-3d651c59a5f4;GP0|#4d1fab8b-d022-4074-a995-4c76430a2fba;L0|#04d1fab8b-d022-4074-a995-4c76430a2fba|Environmental health;GPP|#4812481a-e1c9-4a5d-8990-614cee8d7692You must submit an application to the City if you would like a noise exemption permit.0



Noise Exemption Application Form201205GP0|#f0b069a9-84bd-4629-943b-3e3dfa0685a7;L0|#0f0b069a9-84bd-4629-943b-3e3dfa0685a7|Application form;GTSet|#f1e8889f-f7d7-4d5b-a3f5-af0ca2e076ea;GPP|#3a03f9b9-d2e9-49b1-92e1-37b654747f82;GPP|#0972c695-fd19-46c4-ab5d-9601f17b780e2012-12-31T22:00:00Z
Western Cape 2013 Noise Control Regulations138074GP0|#e814022c-2e45-4465-887b-b6cd814e158b;L0|#0e814022c-2e45-4465-887b-b6cd814e158b|Regulation;GTSet|#f1e8889f-f7d7-4d5b-a3f5-af0ca2e076ea;GPP|#d8892104-ce90-493e-b813-93c488f4b1d3;GPP|#0972c695-fd19-46c4-ab5d-9601f17b780e2013-06-19T22:00:00Z



You have disabled JavaScript on your browser.
Please enable it in order to use City online applications.