Skip to content





Apply for a Certificate of Acceptability<span> <h2 class="sectHeading">How to apply</h2> <span> <div class="notification with-heading dark-copy pink bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info note">​​​</i> </div><div class="desc"><h4>Please note</h4><p> <b></b>The certificate must be in the name of the owner of the business, or the premises on which the business is being conducted. You will still need to <a href="">apply for a business licence</a> if you prepare meals.</p></div></div></span> <p>​​<strong>Step 1:</strong> Download and complete the Certificate of Acceptability ​application form in the document downloads section below.</p> <p>​​<strong>Step 2:</strong> Once you have completed the form, please submit it to your closest Environmental Health Office. See the contact section below for further details.</p> <span> <div class="lrg-icon-content bordered"><div class="lrg-icon lrg-check"><p> <b>​​​​​​You will need to provide the following along with your application:</b></p><ul><li>Original ID​; or</li><li>In the case of a proxy, their ID and a letter of authorisation.</li></ul></div></div></span> <p> </p> <p> <strong>Step 3:</strong> Once your application has been submitted and approved, you will be issued with a Certificate of Acceptability.</p> <span> <h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​​​Contact us</h2></span> <p>If you have any queries, please contact an <a href="" target="_blank">Environmental Health Office</a> near you. Alternatively, our Call Centre can help with your queries:</p> <h4>City Call Centre</h4> <p> <em>Telephone: </em> <br> <em><a>0860 103 089</a></em></p></span>GP0|#fe449635-7a0f-4bda-acd0-69ce5e06d157;L0|#0fe449635-7a0f-4bda-acd0-69ce5e06d157|Business and trade;GTSet|#a7cfb90d-44ad-4426-98ce-565f79932396;GPP|#4fafd405-ee2c-4ec8-87ee-79828064c3d1;GPP|#54dbab3a-0b2f-4602-8af5-3d651c59a5f4;GP0|#4d1fab8b-d022-4074-a995-4c76430a2fba;L0|#04d1fab8b-d022-4074-a995-4c76430a2fba|Environmental health;GPP|#4812481a-e1c9-4a5d-8990-614cee8d7692In order to sell or hawk food in Cape Town, you need to apply for a Certificate of Acceptability.0



Certificate of Acceptability For Food Premises Application Form288326GP0|#aee51318-6034-483d-992c-02e7b211df9a;L0|#0aee51318-6034-483d-992c-02e7b211df9a|Form;GTSet|#f1e8889f-f7d7-4d5b-a3f5-af0ca2e076ea;GPP|#3a03f9b9-d2e9-49b1-92e1-37b654747f82;GPP|#0972c695-fd19-46c4-ab5d-9601f17b780e2024-02-26T22:00:00Z



You have disabled JavaScript on your browser.
Please enable it in order to use City online applications.