Skip to content





Apply for agricultural rebates<span> <h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​​​​New agricultural rates relief process</h2></span><span> <div class="notification with-heading dark-copy pink bg-light-grey"><div class="graphic with-border"> <i class="info note">​​​</i> </div><div class="desc"><h4>Please note</h4><p> <b></b>The agricultural rebate application has fallen away. The new process automatically applies the reduced rate-in-the-rand to all qualifying properties categorised as agricultural properties. </p></div></div></span> <span> <h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​​​How the new process works</h2> <h4>Existing agricultural properties</h4> <p>​​​​​​​The City’s <a href="">Valuations Department</a> maintains a database of existing agricultural properties, and these properties will be rated at 20% of the residential rate-in-the-rand. There is no application process involved nor does the property owner need to apply for a renewal. If the property is categorised as agricultural property, the reduced rate-in-the-rand will automatically apply to all qualifying agricultural properties.</p> <h4>New agricultural properties</h4> <p>New property developments requiring registration as agricultural properties should follow the procedure outlined below:</p> <ul><li>Submission and approval of the subdivision plan by Surveyor-General’s office </li><li>New Erf number is issued</li><li>Property is registered at the Deeds Office</li><li>The City’s <a href="">Valuations Department</a> receives an update from the Deeds Office listing newly registered properties and updates its records</li><li>New properties are registered on all corporate systems (Land Use Management and GIS)</li><li>Property ownership information is updated</li><li>The property is valued in real-time via a workflow process</li></ul></span> <h4>Proof of land use</h4><p>All proof of land use required will form part of the initial registration process. If the property is used for agricultural purposes and it has been incorrectly categorised, then the property owner should contact the City's Call Centre for assistance. </p><h4>The property owner must provide: </h4><ol><li>A copy of the SARS IT34 certificate as proof that the property is being used for agricultural purposes, and </li><li>an affidavit describing all activities performed on the property. </li></ol><p>If the property is found to be incorrectly categorised, our Valuations Department will update the classification via a supplementary valuation process.</p><h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​​​Contact us</h2><h4>City Call Centre</h4><p> <em>Telephone: </em> <br> <em> <a>0860 103 089</a></em><em><br><br>Email: </em> <br> <a href=""> <em></em></a>​</p>GP0|#4dc91736-61d9-4220-8c7d-6509a9a7e4c4;L0|#04dc91736-61d9-4220-8c7d-6509a9a7e4c4|Organisations;GTSet|#a7cfb90d-44ad-4426-98ce-565f79932396;GPP|#8654e611-7eaa-4a32-9efa-47748ee5797d;GPP|#54dbab3a-0b2f-4602-8af5-3d651c59a5f4From 1 July 2019, the agricultural rebate process changes. It is no longer necessary to apply for a rebate as registered agricultural properties will receive an automatic rates adjustment.





You have disabled JavaScript on your browser.
Please enable it in order to use City online applications.