Skip to content





Apply for temporary event signs<h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​How to apply for temporary event signs​​​​​</h2><p>Temporary event signs include any sign type which has a temporary display period of 14 days or up to 3 months with specific conditions, including banners, flags, balloons and container adverts. </p><p>​​<b>​Step 1:</b> Download and complete the Temporary Event Signage Application Form from the document downloads below.</p><div class="lrg-icon-content bordered"><div class="lrg-icon lrg-check"><p> <b>You will need to provide with your application:</b></p><p> <em>In the case of an individual / private entity:</em></p><ul><li>copy of a municipal account in the name of individual making application</li><li>copy of the individuals’ Identity document</li></ul><p> <br>​<em>​In the case of a business entity​:</em>​</p><ul><li>copy of municipal account in the name of the business entity</li><li>copy of the business registration documents</li><li>details of ALL directors / members of the business entity (wrt: full name, surname, Copies of ID documents and their signatures)</li><li>letter signed by a duly authorized individual who is able to act for and on behalf of the business (on a company letterhead) – which reflects whom (name, surname ad ID number) is submitting the application on behalf of the business (e.g. the driver, secretary or PA)</li></ul><p> <br> <strong>NOTE:</strong> This person (appearing at our offices, with the application/sample poster or collecting any permits) shall be required to produce his/her ID</p><p> <em>In all applications, a poster waiver checklist should be submitted and, if applicable:</em></p><ul><li>proposed event signage master plan, indicating all their proposed types of signs, photomontages, sizes of signs as well as their proposed locations, together with an ‘event footprint’</li><li>payment of signage master plan application fee</li></ul></div></div><p> <strong>Step 2: </strong>Submit your completed application form to one of the district offices listed in the table below:</p> <span>​​ <table style="height:355px;"><thead><tr><th style="width:95px;">District</th><th>Address</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td rowspan="2" style="width:95px;"> <strong>Central</strong></td><td> <strong>Table Bay office:</strong><br> Eighth floor, Good Hope Subcouncil building, 44 Wale Street, Cape Town</td></tr><tr><td>​<strong>Tygerberg office:</strong><br>Parow Civic Centre, Cnr Voortrekker and Tallent Roads, Parow </td></tr><tr><td rowspan="2" style="width:95px;"> <strong>Northern </strong></td><td> <strong>Milnerton office:</strong><br> Milnerton Municipal Offices, 87 Pienaar Road, Milnerton </td></tr><tr><td>​<strong>Kraaifontein office:</strong><br>Kraaifontein Municipal Offices, 80 Brighton Road Cnr Darwin, Kraaifontein. </td></tr><tr><td rowspan="2" style="width:95px;"> <strong>Eastern </strong></td><td> <strong>Strand office:</strong><br>Strand Civic Centre, Cnr Main, Fagan Roads and Piet Retief Roads, Strand </td></tr><tr><td>​<strong>Khayelitsha office:</strong><br>Stocks and Stocks Building, Cnr Ntlazane and Ntaba Roads, Khayelitsha</td></tr><tr><td rowspan="1" style="width:95px;height:59px;">​<strong>Southern</strong></td><td rowspan="1" style="height:59px;"> <strong>Plumstead office:</strong><br>​Plessey Building, Cnr Main and Victoria Road, Plumstead</td></tr></tbody></table>​​​</span> <p>You will be required to pay an application fee, calculated in terms of the City’s approved charges and tariffs. Please consult our Environmental and Heritage Management tariffs in the document downloads section below for the required fee.</p> <span> <h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​​​​Payment​​​​​​​</h2></span> <p>We accept the following methods of payment:</p><ul><li> <strong>Cash, debit and/or credit card:</strong><strong> </strong>We will cover the bank cost on a cash, debit and/or credit card payment on an amount above R7000 per transaction. We absorb such costs in respect of single payments of R7000 and below.</li><li> <strong>Direct deposit at any Nedbank Branch:</strong><strong> </strong>Insert your payment reference number on your deposit slip​​</li><li> <strong>Electronic payments (EFT):</strong> Select the City of Cape Town as a bank listed beneficiary on your bank's website. Use your 9 - digit reference number in the beneficiary account number/ payment reference field.</li></ul><h2 class="sectHeading">​​​​​​​​Contact us​​​​​</h2><p>Contact the area head at a district office nearest to you:</p><h4>Maurietta Stewart, Head: Central (Table Bay and Tygerberg districts)</h4><p> <em>Email:<br><a href=""></a> </em></p><h4>Sonja Warnich-Stemmet, Head: North (Milnerton and Kraaifontein districts)</h4><p> <em>Email:<br><a href=""></a> </em></p><h4>Azanne van Wyk, Head: East (Strand and Khayelitsha districts)</h4><p> <em>Email: <br> <a href=""></a>   </em></p><h4>Andy Greenwood, Head: South (Plumstead district)</h4><p> <em>Email: <br> <a href=""></a> </em></p>GP0|#0d222912-a024-4b72-bd4f-942c857c396f;L0|#00d222912-a024-4b72-bd4f-942c857c396f|Temporary signage;GTSet|#a7cfb90d-44ad-4426-98ce-565f79932396;GPP|#70a99f59-9203-4800-8878-0c5264e121e9;GPP|#54dbab3a-0b2f-4602-8af5-3d651c59a5f4You can apply to display temporary event signs by contacting the City.0



Environmental and Heritage Management Tariffs808593GP0|#fe9c9791-d3b1-479c-9447-8be3f4d5e139;L0|#0fe9c9791-d3b1-479c-9447-8be3f4d5e139|Budget annexure;GTSet|#f1e8889f-f7d7-4d5b-a3f5-af0ca2e076ea;GPP|#6f477a30-54ff-4877-a387-889f32ddb0f9;GPP|#0972c695-fd19-46c4-ab5d-9601f17b780e;GP0|#cd8d1412-d058-4a6b-aecb-9c6bd8dbc168;L0|#0cd8d1412-d058-4a6b-aecb-9c6bd8dbc168|Tariff;GPP|#3a03f9b9-d2e9-49b1-92e1-37b654747f822024-07-01T10:00:00Z
Erection of an Advertising Sign at a Temporary Event Application Form448558GP0|#f0b069a9-84bd-4629-943b-3e3dfa0685a7;L0|#0f0b069a9-84bd-4629-943b-3e3dfa0685a7|Application form;GTSet|#f1e8889f-f7d7-4d5b-a3f5-af0ca2e076ea;GPP|#3a03f9b9-d2e9-49b1-92e1-37b654747f82;GPP|#0972c695-fd19-46c4-ab5d-9601f17b780e2024-02-26T10:00:00Z



You have disabled JavaScript on your browser.
Please enable it in order to use City online applications.