Skip to content





Submit a health research request online<span> <h2 class="sectHeading">​​How to submit a request</h2> <p> <strong>Step 1:</strong> Select the facility at which you like to perform your research from the list of City Health facilities in the document downloads below. If you do not find the facility you are looking for on the list, then that facility is managed by the <a href="">Provincial Government's Health Department</a> and you must make your application to them.</p> <p> <strong>Step 2:</strong> Once you have selected your City Health facilities, you must make your application through the <a href="" target="_blank">MARS research request portal<i class="icon link-external"></i></a>.</p> <span> <div class="lrg-icon-content bordered"><div class="lrg-icon lrg-check"><p> <b>​​​​​​Documentation to provide with your application:</b></p><ul><li>names of researchers</li><li>researcher IDs or passport numbers</li><li>researcher contact information (number and email)</li><li>research details (e.g. title, objectives, start and end dates)</li><li>facilities where the research will be ideally performed</li><li>research proposal</li><li>research request letter</li><li>ethics approval letter</li><li>name of the institution you are representing</li><li>institution ID (company or close corporation registration number)</li></ul></div></div></span><br> <p>You may submit without an ​ethics approval letter, but your request will not be granted until one is submitted.</p> <span> <h2 class="sectHeading">Contact us</h2></span><span> <div class="contact"><h4>​Dr Natacha Berkowitz, </h4><h4>Epidemiologist:​ City Health Department<br><br></h4><p> <em>Telephone:<br><a>021 400 6864</a></em></p><address><ul><li>​Email: <br> <a href=""></a> </li><li>For more information and assistance, you can also visit the <a href="">City Health Department</a> page. </li></ul></address></div></span></span>GP0|#3df185e6-cbfa-4471-8859-7d09fc1b7417;L0|#03df185e6-cbfa-4471-8859-7d09fc1b7417|Access information;GTSet|#a7cfb90d-44ad-4426-98ce-565f79932396Research requests are overseen by the City Health Directorate. You can submit your proposals online.0





You have disabled JavaScript on your browser.
Please enable it in order to use City online applications.