Supply Chain Management (SCM) is responsible for buying goods and services needed by the City to ensure service delivery.
On this website you will find request for quotes (RFQs), tenders for products and services in construction, and contractors/consultant services selling or disposing goods no longer needed.
The City's SCM Department is responsible for:
- Ensuring a sound, sustainable and accountable supply chain, which promotes black economic empowerment and local economic development
- Encouraging small businesses and joint venture partnerships
- Ensuring that the procurement system is fair, equitable, transparent, competitive and cost effective, in accordance with the Constitution of South Africa.
RFQs are advertised via the Procurement Portal, which has been updated. The new portal has an improved search function as well as:
- Improved navigation and filtering
- Management of procurement interests
- Information for site meetings
- Information on awards made
The old sites and bookmarks have been disabled. The new home page URL, which we recommend you bookmark, is: http://web1.capetown.gov.za/web1/ProcurementPortal/
You will need to follow a simple registration process
on the new portal to experience the enhanced features, and to download quotation documents.
NOTE: The old site for the awards will run parallel to the new site until all awards for the old system have been finalised.
The following links give access to the old system: