Subcouncil resolution details
Agenda item no
PROPOSED GRANTING OF IN- PRINCIPLE APPROVAL FOR THE PROPOSED GRANTING OF RIGHTS TO USE, CONTROL AND/OR MANAGE BY PUBLIC COMPETITION A VACANT ERF 2189 SITUATED AT GRANGER BAY BOULEVARD,GREEN POINT FOR A PERIOD OF UP TO 99 YEARS FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES
Monday, May 20, 2019
Friday, May 31, 2019
UNANIMOUSLY RESOLVED to RECOMMEND that:
- In terms of Chapters 2 and 4, of the Municipal Asset Transfer Regulations\ (MATR) R.878 promulgated on 22 August 2008:
i) Council resolve that Erf 2189, situated at Granger Bay Boulevard, Green Point measuring approximately 7 175m² shown
lettered ABCDEFGH on the attached Plan LIS 1358v1, not be required for the provision of the minimum level of basic
ii) Council confirm that the fair market value of the asset described in (a)(i) and the economic and community value to be received in
exchange for the asset described in (a)(i) have been considered;
- In terms of regulation 33(3)(b) of the Municipal Asset Transfer Regulations (MATR), R.878 promulgated on 22 August 2008, Council approve in principle the transfer of Erf 2189, situated at Granger Bay Boulevard, Green Point measuring approximately 7 175m² as described in (a)(i);
- Erf 2189, situated at Granger Bay Boulevard, Green Point, be transferred by public competition, subject to conditions to be imposed by the Director: Property Management in the exercise of her delegated authority;
- The comments submitted by Mrs. Jenny Calder, Ms. Jane Meyer on behalf of Mouille Point Ratepayers Association (MPRA) , Ms. Carmelita on behalf of Salberau Community Improvement and Mr. Neil Schwartz on behalf of V &A Waterfront Holdings (Pty) Ltd, be noted.
- The Mouille Point Ratepayers’ Association (MPRA) be kept informed of the status of the lease, when a lease agreement is concluded and with whom. In the lease agreement, it must be stipulated that the lessee must engage with the Stadium, the City and MPRA on the traffic management plan for the Stadium. For example, parking on the site whether basement or surface parking, must be made available for events at the Stadium.
- During weekends and weekday evenings, parking on this site should be available to the general public given the number of attractions in the area.
- Dates be provided as to when the lease is scheduled to be concluded and when a lessee will be permitted to occupy the site and commence with construction activity.