Subcouncil resolution details
Agenda item no
16SUB 6/6/2020 SM
MATTERS RECEIVING ATTENTION
Monday, June 15, 2020
Ms Lucille Muller briefed the meeting as to the responses received from responsible officials.
1)16 SUB 66/08/13 MOTION: APPOINTMENT OF OUTSIDE CONTRACTOR TO MANAGE GREENMARKET SQUARE
The process has started, we have completed the demand plan request, have
received a demand plan number and are in the process of completing the draft specifications which is in circulation for management’s approval. They
have commented that more research needs to be conducted, to ensure that
the specifications addresses all concerns in terms of management of the space. The anticipated date of appointment is mid-April
2021. In terms of SCM processes, a 12-month period in advance logging of
the tender is required before the date of appointment, by when the services
will be required. The tender period will be for 3 years commencing 2021-
2024. Remains outstanding
2)16 SUB 40/10/17 MOTION OF EXIGENCY: FOR THE INSTALLATION OF STREET LIGHTS IN DESIRED AREAS OF HOUT BAY, SCOTT’S ESTATE & BAVIAANSKLOOF, HOUT BAY
There was a delay as the department has to revisit the timeline. It will be implemented later in the year.
3)16 SUB 06/05/18: C13.84076-F2 CITY DEPOT CBD-NEW-RESTORATION OF THE JAZZ WORKSHOP BUILDING
Mr. Pedro Brand advised that their department will not use the entire floor as locker rooms and that they are in negotiations with Environmental Management, to restore the rest of the space.
Cllr Bryant advised that the space be utilised to the max and requested that confirmation be given as to what the space is being used for.
Mr. David Hart represented Environmental Heritage Resources Department
and stated that the Jazz Workshop will be used as an information center for
digital historical information.
4)16 SUB 41/1/19 MOTION OF EXIGENCY: CITY OF CAPE TOWN TO INITIATE URGENT REPAIRS TO THE ADDERLEY STREET FOUNTAIN
The contractor will be on site from 08/06/2020 to prepare the site
for the installation. Once they have done the assessment on site, I will ask for
further feedback and timelines.
5.16 SUB 78/8/19 MOTION OF EXIGENCY: “RE-IMAGINING HOUT BAY HARBOUR
6) 16 SUB 51/9/19 MOTION OF EXIGENCY: REQUEST FOR REVIEW OF ALL NON-MOTORISED TRANSPORT LANES IN SUBOUCIL 16
Mr. Brendon Abrahams advised that lanes have been repainted with white paint
Cllr Bryant requested that it be advised which lanes have been painted.
7)16 SUB 55/10/19 MOTION OF EXIGENCY: REQUEST FOR REDESIGN AND ROLLOUT OF UNIFORM TRADING STALLS FOR CAPE TOWN CBD
Mr Hanief Tiseker has retired and a new official will be appointed to manage this project. A skype meeting will be scheduled with the new project manager. Remains outstanding.
8)16 SUB 57/10/19 MOTION OF EXIGENCY: REQUEST FOR AUXILIARY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
9) 16 SUB 46/11/19 MOTION OF EXIGENCY: TO PROVIDE INCREASE OPERATION TIMES IN THE ATLANTIC SEABOARD
Initial budget, including security, was too expensive. Another meeting needs to be scheduled to discuss budget. Remains outstanding.
10) 16 SUB 47/11/19 MOTION OF EXIGENCY: ADDITIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT CAPACITY IN TERMS OF MEMBERS DEPLOYED AND OPERATIONAL HOURS
11) 16 SUB 42/12/19 MOTION OF EXIGENCY: REQUEST FOR PROGRESS ON HERITAGE PROTECTION OVERLAY ZONES
Mr David Hart represented the Heritage department. He stated that the city is working on the entire Heritage Protection Overlays including Bo-Kaap.
Mowbray and Rosebank will be prioritised and then Vredehoek. The first draft is ready. Remains outstanding.
12) 16 SUB 43/12/19 SM MOTION OF EXIGENCY: REQUEST FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF KERBSIDE COLLECTION OF SORTED RECYCLE WASTE IN WARD 77 AND THE CAPE TOWN CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT
This request will not be considered before 2030.
13) 16 SUB 47/1/19 MOTION OF EXIGENCY: REQUEST FOR THE CONSTRUCTION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE “HIGH CAPE DEVELOPMENT UNDERPASS”, OR ALTERNATE APPROPRIATE TRAFFIC CALMING MEASURES IN TERMS OF, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE HIGH CAPE 2 REZONING APPROVAL CONDITIONS REFERENCE NUMBER 4025 – 1991
14) MURP PROJECTS
Due to COVID-19, three MURP projects, (i) Area Cleaning, (ii) Graffiti & (iii) POS Hangberg are suspended and EPWP job seekers are still getting paid. Savings realised will be reallocated to Mayor’s Relief fund.
Roads Maintenance project is ongoing and will be completed by end June.
15) 16 SUB 13/3/20 RESERVATION OF PORTIONS OF ERVEN 5667 AND
5668 CAPE TOWN: HUMAN SETTLEMENTS (DEPARTMENT: HOUSING
On 13/3/20 this item was deferred. A report will be sent in July 2020
16) 16 SUB 14/3/20 RESERVATION OF CITY LAND, PORTION OF ERVEN 5511, 5519-5536 CAPE TOWN: DIRECTORATE HUMAN SETTLEMENTS (HOUSING DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
On 13/3/20 this item was deferred. A report will be sent in July2020
17) 16 SUB 15/3/20 MOTION OF EXIGENCY: ESTABLISHMENT OF A STEERING COMMITTEE FOR THE ATLANTIC SEA BOARD PROMENADE
18) 16 SUB 29/3/20 MOTION OF EXIGENCY: PUBLIC ABLUTION FACILITIES IN THE CBD
Ms Phumla Mrubata gave and in-depth presentation: See item
16 SUB 28/6/2020.