View MPT resolution details
MPT North Eastern
Agenda item no
WARD 9: APPLICATION FOR REZONING, CONSENT USE & PERMANENT DEPARTURES IN TERMS OF THE CITY OF CAPE TOWN MUNICIPAL PLANNING BY-LAW, 2015: ERF 13756, 65 GLENHAVEN AVENUE, GLENHAVEN, BELLVILLE. ID:70461967
J LOOTS/D SMIT
Tuesday, June 09, 2020
Friday, June 12, 2020
RESOLVED UNANIMOUSLY that:
a. The application for rezoning of erf 13756, Bellville, from Single Residential Zone 1 to Community Zone 1, BE APPROVED in terms of Section 98(b) of the Cape Town Municipal Planning By-law, 2015, subject to the conditions attached as Annexure A.
b. The application for consent use in order to allow the construction of a Freestanding Base Telecommunication Station on erf 13756, Bellville, BE REFUSED in terms of Section 98(c) of the Cape Town Municipal Planning By-law, 2015.
c. The application for permanent departure from the City of Cape Town Development Management Scheme in respect of erf 13756, Bellville, BE REFUSED in terms of Section 98(c) of the Cape Town Municipal Planning By-law, 2015, in order to permit the base station to be constructed on the street boundary along Edgar Street in lieu of the 5m street boundary building line, in accordance with the site layout plan attached as Annexure C.
All conditions are deleted
REASONS FOR DECISION:
The MPT partially APPROVED and partial REFUSED the application for the reasons set out below:
1. The proposed rezoning of the property to Community Zone 1 is a formalisation of an existing and authorised land use in terms of the provisions of the City of Cape Town Development Management Scheme.
Reasons for refusal
1. The nature and positioning of the base station in the context of existing development will have a negative visual impact, as viewed from especially Edgar Street and surrounding properties.
2. The specific location on the site is not the optimum position.
3. The building line departure applied for will have adverse impact on the surrounding area or immediately abutting properties.
4. Alternative locations e.g. the industrial area have not been sufficiently considered.
ACTION: J LOOTS / T KOTZE