View MPT resolution details
MPT North Eastern
Agenda item no
WARD 112: APPLICATION FOR ADMINISTRATIVE PENALTY IN TERMS OF THE CITY OF CAPE TOWN MUNICIPAL PLANNING BY-LAW, 2015 (MPBL) IN RESPECT OF ERF 862, 6 OXFORD STREET, DURBANVILLE
A Smit / S V RENSBURG
Tuesday, June 02, 2020
Thursday, June 04, 2020
That an administrative penalty in the amount of R 3050.00 BE DETERMINED in terms of Section 129 of the City of Cape Town Municipal Planning By-Law, 2015 in respect Erf 862, Durbanville in accordance with attached Annexure B.
REASONS FOR DECISION:
The MPT APPROVED the application for the reasons set out below
1. The impact of the Place of Instruction is considered to be low considering the location within the secondary business area, the existing commercial and higher density residential uses within the surrounding area.
2. The Place of Instruction entails a Pilates and Wellness Centre.
3. It is for an extended period, i.e. ± 3 ½ years.
4. It entails the entire 1487m² property.
5. The property is situated within the secondary business area and which is no longer purely residential in nature.
6. This applicant is responsible for several contraventions.
7. The gravity is deemed not to be serious because of the proposed land uses which warrant the penalty.
ACTION: A SMITH / S VAN RENSBURG