The scope of work for Social Development – substance abuse is:
- To offer reliable information about alcohol and drug use to communities in Cape Town.
- To render services in tiers 1, 2 & 5 of the City’s Seamless Services Delivery model (New Financial Year).
- To partner with the Department of Health in establishing eight Sub-District Alcohol and Drug Action Committees and offer input and secretariat support to said committees.
- To actively participate in the Cape Town Alcohol and Drug Action Committee.
- To develop, encourage and support evidence-based prevention and harm reduction programmes.