The Department of Revenue is responsible for creating – and sustaining – a solvent and prosperous city by:
- Billing and collecting funds due to the City, including water, electricity, rates and any other tariffs
- Ensuring that accurate, transparent accounting processes and policies that are compliant with relevant legislation are in place
- Managing and controlling funds received by the City
- Providing a financial reporting function to the City, other stakeholders and residents
- Collecting all outstanding revenue in a dignified and compassionate manner, in terms of the City’s Debt Management and Indigent Policies.
- Aligning business processes to meet the City’s objectives
The department has four main areas of work:
- Debt management, including disconnections, legal processes and arrears
- Debtors and cash, including payment arrangements and rates clearances, pre-paid electricity and the City’s pension payment files
- Special services, such as motor vehicle registrations
- Technical services, such as billing and database management
Please click here to view the multilingual Indigent Benefits and Rates Rebate 2011/2012 brochure.