Solid Waste has a staff complement of approximately 3 000 employees.
Support Services ensures that all processes relating to staff matters, human resource initiatives, internal communications and training and development are adhered to.
We deal with:
- All time and attendance, injury on duty, absenteeism and termination issues.
- Training and development – this includes drawing up an annual skills plan and ensuring that training interventions are scheduled for staff members.
- HIV/Aids awareness and management.
- Internal communication.
- General administration – this includes the receiving, recording and distribution of all documents and correspondence as well as all ad hoc queries.
- Managing the registry facility.
We render services to the following sectors:
- Area Cleaning
- Technical Services
- Finance and Commerce
- Loss Control
- Directors Office