- The event is open exclusively to firefighters:
- Professional, seasonal, volunteer, rural and part-time.
- Municipal Fire Departments, Urban and Rural
- Ports Authority
- Petro-chemical refinery fire-fighting team
- Freight rail fire services
- Professional and volunteer services from abroad
Individual Age Categories (as on day of competition)
- Men’s Individual Open (18~29 years)
- Men’s Individual Senior (A) (30-34 years)
- Men’s Individual Senior (B) (35~39 years)
- Men’s Individual Master (A) (40~44 years)
- Men’s Individual Master (B) (45~49 years)
- Men’s Individual Grand Master (A) (50~54 years)
- Men’s Individual Grand Master (B) (55~59 years)
- Men’s Individual Grand Master (C) (60 years over)
- Women Individual Open (18~29 years)
- Women Individual Senior (A) (30~34 years)
- Women Individual Senior (C) (35~39 years)
- Women Individual Master (40years and over)
- Male: under 40 years and over 40 years old
- Female: Open
The overall male, female, relay team winners will be the participants with the shortest time of all contestants. The overall male and female winners will be declared South African National Champions.
- The organizer waives liability for any injuries or material losses that could occur during the competition.
- The competition is open only for those:
a) who have proper training to work in oxygen masks and valid medical tests.
b) present a valid health test certificate or, in case of participants from abroad, sign a written statement that there are no contra-indications against taking part in the competition.
c) present a fire department ID card.
- Fire fighters are to partake in their own NFPA 1971: Protective Clothing for Structure Firefighting Gear.
- In case of not fulfilling these obligations a competitor can be disqualified, even after completing the competition.
- The final decision is made by the main referee who will be appointed by the organising committee.
- Please download and complete the indemnity form here and mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .