11 August 2015 - 19th Energy Efficiency Forum for the Commercial Sector
Owners and managers of commercial and public buildings and commercial operations in Cape Town, are invited to attend the Energy Efficiency Forum meeting on 11 August 2015. Date:
Tuesday 11 August 2015 Time:
08:30 for 09:00 – 12:00Venue:
City of Cape Town’s new Electricity Department head office at Bloemhof Centre in Bloemhof Street, Bellville Direction map
- Growthpoint presents results and experience of their sustainability drive across SA’s largest property portfolio. Werner Van Antwerpen will speak about their energy efficiency performance improvements that are saving their tenants R62 million per year, and also share lessons from their green leasing initiatives.
- Makro case study: Alan Walker explains why their new Cape Gate Makro store won the Eskom ETA Awards, and what they’ve done to retrofit existing stores.
- BMW showcasing their new BMW i3 electric vehicle
- Eskom: including load-shedding and tariff increases.
- City of Cape Town: electricity consumption levels, tariff increases, programmes etc.
- National Business Initiative (NBI): Private Sector Energy Efficiency (PSEE) and other programmes, and great case studies.
- SA National Energy Development Institute (SANEDI): 12L tax incentive and other programmes.
- Other news, innovations, forthcoming events and training opportunities
Option of site tours before and afterwards:
- Two tours of Electricity Services head office at Bloemhof – which has a 4-Star rating under Green Star SA (More...). First tour starts at 08:00 before the Forum meeting, and the second tour starts at 12:30 after the Forum meeting. Tours start from the auditorium. For a maximum of 15 people each tour.
- Tour of Makro Cape Gate – which won an Eskom ETA Award (More...). Tour will start at Makro Cape Gate at 13:00. For a maximum of 20 people.
RSVP for Forum and Tours:
or call her on 021 487 2346. Please note that this venue can only seat 200 for the Forum meeting. Owners/ managers of commercial buildings/operations and public buildings are invited, but unfortunately not suppliers
of energy efficiency products.
If you are not a member of the Forum yet, join here
If you would like to receive an invitation by e-mail, or if you need any further information, please contact email@example.com
or call Tembelihle at 021 487 2346.
About the Energy Efficiency Forum
The EE Forum aims to provide practical 'know how' on how to implement energy efficiency improvements and to create a platform for shared learning. It’s a collaboration between the City of Cape Town, Eskom and the South African Property Owners Association. It is co-funded by Old Mutual and UCT’s Energy Research Centre, and also supported by Accelerate Cape Town, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Cape Town Partnership, Green Building Council SA, SA Council of Shopping Centres and Western Cape Government.
For a listing of past speakers and topics covered at all EE Forum meetings, click here