Once the office has received your form, the ombudsman will decide whether the office is the right place to handle the matter.
- E-mail, write to or fax your complaint to us. You will need to describe the problem, what happened, who was present and who said what
- You can do this by completing a form, which you may download in English, Afrikaans or Xhosa, or complete in person at our offices
- Make sure that you give sufficient information in your complaint, such as the names of people you have dealt with, and pertinent dates and times. Attach copies of relevant documents
- We do not deal with complaints by telephone. Should you phone in with a complaint, we will take your details and ask you to complete a complaint form
- Sign your complaint (if you are not able to write, someone at the office will help you)
If not, then we will explain why we can’t handle it, and suggest alternative remedies.
Afrikaans and Xhosa versions of the form are also available on request: you may contact us on 021 400 5487 or e-mail email@example.com this regard.