Skip to content

Search

Menu

Subcouncil resolution details

Subcouncil resolution details

Subcouncil 16

Agenda item no

16SUB 5/2/2019

Subject

MATTERS RECEIVING ATTENTION

Meeting date

Monday, February 18, 2019

Resolution

Not available

Date closed

Not available

Resolution details

The Subcouncil manager provided updates on most outstanding matters.

UNANIMOUSLY RESOLVED that the following comments be noted.

1)16 SUB 66/08/13 MOTION: APPOINTMENT OF OUTSIDE CONTRACTOR TO MANAGE GREENMARKET SQUARE

“The Acting ED has requested that we do another legal opinion to determine if the CIDs are organs of state. This was a key requirement of the Bid Adjudication Committee. We are pursuing this and also implementing interim arrangements in the space especially increased law enforcement and minor repairs where possible”, according to Mr Siswana.

In terms of the legal opinion, Cllr Bryant requested the time line of the process.

ACTION: MR ZOLILE SISWANA

2)16 SUB 42/11/14 MOTION: PROPOSED REFURBISHMENT AND RELOCATION OF THE LIGHTFOOT MEMORIAL FOUNTAIN

Cllr Bryant had an on-site inspection and is very satisfied with the progress. The project will be completed by June 2019. Remains outstanding.

ACTION: MR DIMITRI GEORGEADES

3)16 SUB 40/10/17 MOTION OF EXIGENCY: FOR THE INSTALLATION OF STREET LIGHTS IN DESIRED AREAS HOUT BAY

Email from Shaun Kemp d/d 13/02/19 - We are waiting on Telkom and Waterworks wayleaves. We are in contact with them to keep tabs on the progress being made. At this stage we would estimate we will be on site second week in March. Remains outstanding.

ACTION: MR KEENAN MOSES, S KEMP
4)16 SUB 18/02/18: RECREATION AND PARKS REPORT ON THE LEASE
RATIONALIZATION PROJECT FOR THE LEASING AND MANAGEMENT OF ITS SPORTING AND COMMUNITY FACILITIES

A meeting is scheduled for 12/3/2019, Committee Room, 11th Floor, 44 Wale
Street, Cape Town.

ACTION: R KOLIA, L MULLER, ODWA NDESI

5)16 SUB 49/02/18: RESPONSE FROM TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT TO THE
REQUEST FOR TRAFFIC CALMING MEASURE: SIDMOUTH AVENUE, ORANJEZICHT

Cllr Golding was not pleased with the recommendation from Transport
Department to refuse traffic calming, because the St Cyprian’s development
was not taken into consideration. Meeting scheduled for 12/03/19 with Mr D Manuel.

ACTION: MR DEON MANUEL

6)16 SUB 06/05/18: C13.84076 – F2 CITY DEPOT CBD – NEW – RESTORATION OF JAZZ WORKSHOP BUILDING

Email from Pedro Brandt d/d 11/02/19: The City staff from the neighboring City
Property (around the Jazz House) have asked for an additional risk assessment
to mitigate the security risk of members of the public climbing onto the scaffold that will be erected on the pavement and gaining access to the neighbouring property from the roof of the jazz workshop. I am waiting on an answer from the contractor to determine what the additional cost will be to place additional measures in place to barricade the bottom of the scaffold and how we will pay for this additional cost.

ACTION: MR PEDRO BRANDT

7)16 SUB 51/06/18 MOTION: TDA MUST IMMEDIATELY IMPLEMENT THE HERITAGE PROTECTION OVERLAY ZONE FOR BO-KAAP

Mr Coetsee reported that period for public comment would end on 22 February, whereafter a report would serve at the Subcouncil.

ACTION: L MULLER, O ASMAL, C JAMES, D HART

8) 16 SUB 66/06/18 MOTION OF EXIGENCY: URGENT REQUEST FOR REPAIRS TO EXISTING FENCING AT HUGHENDEN ESTATE

This matter has been dealt with and can be removed from the list.

ACTION: P MCCONNEY

9)16 SUB 66/06/2018 MOTION OF EXIGENCY: CITY OF CAPE TOWN TO
INITIATE URGENT REPAIRS TO ADDERLEY STREET FOUNTAIN

As per Ms Pauline McConney, Facility Management is the responsible
department. However, Cllr Bryant pointed out that Parks are responsible for the
landscaping around the fountain.

You have disabled JavaScript on your browser.
Please enable it in order to use City online applications.