The Liquor Trading Hours Policy was compiled to give effect to Section 4A of the City of Cape Town Liquor Trading Days and Hours By-Law, 2010 as amended. The liquor licence holder of a premises where liquor is sold for consumption on the premises, may apply for extended liquor trading hours of no later than 04:00. The application will be subject to the evaluation criteria provided in the policy.
Off-consumption liquor licences will not qualify for any extension to those hours stipulated in the by-Law.
The following steps have to be followed to ensure that the needs of the community and the liquor licence holder are considered:
- The applicant must obtain the application form from any Environmental Health office or click here to download the form
- Part 1 of the application form must be completed. The applicant must then obtain confirmation from Land Use Management on whether the premises falls into Category 3 or 4 of the Schedule. Land Use Management must complete the relevant section in Part 2 of the application form. Click here to view a list of Land Use Management offices
- If the premises falls outside of Category 3 or 4, the application will not be considered.
Where the premises falls into Category 3 or 4, the applicant must obtain comments and/or statement of history of nuisance and/or complaints or action taken by Safety and Security Directorate in respect of the premises or the applicant
- The application form must be hand-delivered to the dedicated box provided at the Law Enforcement offices, cnr Old Paarl and Paradys Roads, Brackenfell (tel 021 980 1276) and the register must be signed as proof of delivery. The completed form should be ready for collection within five working days after handing in the application
- The designated officials must enter the information provided by Land Use Management and Safety and Security in Part 2 of the application form, and sign and date-stamp the applicable section
- The applicant must then pay the application fee of R5 700,00 (VAT inclusive) at any one of the City’s cash offices. The account number is 18070015 and G/L 810400
- The duly completed application form and the receipt of payment must now be submitted to the Environmental Health office closest to the premises. The applicant will be provided with an acknowledgement of receipt upon submission of the application
The City Health Directorate will notify the applicant in writing of the subcouncil’s decision and in case of a refusal of his/her right to appeal. The Safety and Security Directorate will also be informed of the outcome.